By signing up, you agree to receive email updates from Energyphile.
A Look Inside
|Title:||Stairway to Hell|
|Dimensions:||6" x 9"|
|Publisher:||Energyphile Media Inc.|
|Publication date:||January 24, 2020|
The Stairway to Hell Session guide includes:
- Story and its preamble, letting you in on Peter’s favorite characters and stories and most surprising takeaways.
- Story-specific questions, along with Peter’s answers, designed to promote thought and discussion. Facilitator tips help you extend the discussion.
- A facilitator’s guide to help you plan, organize and lead a group discussion.
Red flags of impending financial trouble are remarkably visible in challenged industries and companies. How management teams choose to address the warning signs, or not, determines corporate success, or demise.
- What were the warning signs that the Pacific Coal Company was going to close its mine at Bankhead?
- Are any of these warning signs affecting your organization? If yes, what are they?
Industrial disruption is happening in every industry. For example, electric cars are conjectured to take away significant market share from combustion engine vehicles and potentially lessen the demand for oil.
- In the context of oil, discuss the characteristics of companies that may follow the same fate as the Pacific Coal Company. What are the traits required for survival through disruption?
- Do you believe that, with the growing popularity of electric cars, all oil companies are doomed? Why or why not?
Poor and contentious labor relations were contributing factors to Mine No. 80’s demise.
- Discuss the culture and labor relations at the Pacific Coal Company.
- Discuss the culture in your organization. Does it foster innovation and competitiveness?
Are you planning to run a group Session? We can help with pricing and ordering.
Receive a discount when you order 10+ copies of any one guide:
- 10–49 copies: 5% discount
- 50–99 copies: 10% discount
- 100–249 copies: 15% discount
- 250–499 copies: 20% discount
- 500+ copies: 25% discount
Allow six weeks from ordering to your event. This will let you get the book to participants so they have plenty of time to read it before the Session.
Group orders must be paid for in advance, or you may provide a purchase order. Shipping and handling charges and taxes will also be applied. Your payment method will affect the required lead time (a mailed check will need more lead time than an e-transfer).
Ready to Order?
Contact Energyphile at email@example.com. Tell us the title(s) you want, the number of copies of each and the date(s) of your event(s).